NAHCON, launches HSS in Adamawa
States benefits of Saving scheme
I, on behalf of the Chairman/CEO of National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Alh. Zikrullah Kunle Hassan who is unavoidably absent due to other official assignment, wants to appreciate His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Adamawa State for creating an enabling environment for a hitch free Hajj operations and for facilitating the hosing of Flag-Off of Hajj Savings Scheme (HSS) in Adamawa State.
It is indeed a great honor and privilege for me to be here in the city of Yola, (The Land of Beauty) Adamawa State for the official Flag-Off and Sensitization of the Hajj Savings Scheme (HSS).
As you may have been well aware, the HSS is a contributory savings scheme enshrine in the NAHCON Establishment Act, 2006 and has been in the offing for more than a decade but was brought to fruition by the current Board which I chair.
We feel it is an idea whose time has come and which is quite crucial and a dream come true for us all if Hajj must be taken to the next level like as it is done in some parts of the world.
The first official launch was done in October 2020 in Kano for the North-West Zone, then in Lagos at the end of last year for the South-West Zone. Today is the turn of our Muslim brothers and Sisters in Adamawa State to also feel the presence and touch of this great initiative which has become the focal point of the anticipated future of Hajj in Nigeria.
Some of the many benefits derivable from the scheme which we are doing in conjunction with JAIZ Bank Plc., include among others the following:-
1. Every Muslim can participate and will have the opportunity and chance to perform the Holy pilgrimage without having to sell off their properties or part of their investments or businesses.
2. Intending pilgrims need not rely or depend on their well to do relations for sponsorship to the Holy pilgrimage.
3. Intending pilgrims need not to possess or have tons of money at once or at a go to perform the Holy pilgrimage.
4. The Hajj Savings scheme will also give a lift to the participants in terms of profit sharing on their savings at the end of every year.
5. The HSS will make Hajj fare affordable in the form of subsidy to contributors.
6. The Hajj Savings Scheme will avail the less privileged Muslims the opportunity of saving enough money over a period of time and when the money would have matured to facilitate their traveling to Saudi Arabia to fulfilling the 5th pillar of Islam.
However, the reality for the success of the Scheme however depends on all of us to propagate, buy and support it in every way through encouraging our people to key into this noble scheme. Therefore as we rise from here today, we must all go to work to preach the message of the Hajj Savings Scheme.
Also, It’s my wish to end this address by expressing NAHCON’s sense of commendation to the leadership of the Adamawa State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Commission appointed by Your Excellency, I have interacted with this leadership over the past years, during my tenure in office as Chairman of Osun State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board and since I assumed duty as Chairman/CEO of NAHCON. They have really been very great partners in the hajj family. Without mincing words, Adamawa State deserves our applause.
Finally, I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to His Excellency, the Governor of Adamawa State, Adamawa State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Commission and all stakeholders present here. Your presence reflects the spirit of oneness amongst the good people of Adamawa State and also a demonstration of the resolve by key stakeholders to key into this initiative and ensures its successful implementation.
Thank you all and I wish you Allah’s blessings.
- Advertisement -