Saturday, September 23, 2023
    HomeHajj38-yr-old Malaysian woman, gets free hajj *Says: 'Hajj is the...

    38-yr-old Malaysian woman, gets free hajj *Says: ‘Hajj is the best birthday gift for me’





    Fawziya Mohamed, the 38-year-old Malaysian expatriate, couldn’t believe her ears when she received a call from the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah in Saudi Arabia telling her that she was one of those chosen as pilgrims this year.

    “This is my first time to perform Hajj. Alhamdillah, I feel very grateful because I didn’t think I was going to receive this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

    Read More:

    - Advertisement -

    In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the government of Saudi Arabia said that the number of pilgrims who are eligible to participate in this year’s Hajj will be limited.

    “This is the most grateful feeling I have ever felt, and I truly believe this was a gift as I will be celebrating my upcoming birthday which falls on July 28.” “This is the best birthday gift I ever received in my life,” she said.

    - Advertisement -

    The Kingdom has said that those individuals performing Hajj are of many different nationalities and residents of the Kingdom. Non-Saudis who are residents in Saudi Arabia comprise 70% of total Hajj pilgrims for this pilgrimage while Saudis make up the remaining 30%, most of whom are from the medical and military sectors. — SG

    - Advertisement -

    We Want Your Kind Support

    Reporting the cradle of Islam requires a lot of money. We will not be deterred in our task by bringing to you instant happenings around the world, particularly as it concerns Islam. Keeping all our readers informed and educated is our goal.
    For continued free access to in-depth news and detailed information, kindly consider making a modest donation to this noble cause.
    Help to sustain reportage of Islam all around the globe and ensure everyone gets free access to it at all times.




    Hajj ’24: The New Dimensions

    By Fatima Sanda UsaraTo start with, Saudi Arabia has made its stand clear, and there seems to be no retraction; any party that delays...